Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Greetings from Texas!!

Many of you probably aren't aware (because I haven't updated this blog in almost a year!!) that we have relocated to Texas, Dallas-Fort Worth area to be exact. Chris got a job here in November and we moved the day after Thanksgiving. It was kind of a crazy, last minute decision but more on that later. How are we liking Texas?
Gordon's favorite thing about Texas: our apartment, the park here, there are so many sticks and acorns to play with.
Edison's favorite thing about Texas: playing at all the different parks
Chris's favorite thing about Texas: his job
My favorite thing about Texas: the city we live in and the weather (at least right now). There are so many parks and trails and trees everywhere.

The worst thing about Texas: Being away from family and friends.

I promised my family that I would update this blog more often now that we are far away. I won't make any promises about how often but it will be more than I did last year! Also, my new years resolution is to take more pictures. I was organizing my 2011 photos and was sad to see how few there were.

4 comments:

*LaUrA* said...

Whoa it had been almost a year since you updated! That is way tooooo long Emily!!

Congrats on Chris' new job! Where is he working? I like Dallas...I have not spent a lot of time there but have driven through several times and it is a nice city. I also have a friend that just moved to my town from there and she raves about it.

Anyhoo...I hope you are settling in. I think it is such a great thing to move away from family for a while and go on a little adventure with your little fam. I think you will find it may be one of the best decisions you have ever made :) (though I miss my family terribly!)

Now...your assignment it to post lots of pictures! I want to see your apartment and all the parks and all your adventures!!

The Staley Family said...

I agree with Laura. Moving away from family has been so good for us too. We've only got each other now-so if you get mad you better GET OVER IT fast~!! ha! But lots of days I miss my family like CRAZY. Warm weather in winter is the best!! Soak up some sun for those of us freezing our buns off!! Have fun!

Teri said...

EM! Sure miss you sista! I, too, was sad at how few pictures I've taken. I hate my camera though and would love to have a NICE one. I'm sure I would take more pictures then!

Lara said...

Texas?! Wow, how fun. What an adventure. I have been wondering where you were and how you were doing this past year. Many times. I hope you're back to stay cause I miss it when you're not around. I love my good ole Em.